Avanti Wear?

mfg

Because of substantial more pressure on the front main bearing in supercharged Stude V8's, this front main bearing usually shows more 'wear' at rebuild time than on non-blown Stude V8's......True?

Studebaker had the most bearing area for displacement, and loads, than any engine made. There never has been any problems with bearing loads no matter what you dish out at them.

Of all the engines I have gone through, there never has been any wear due to design. Only lack of maintenance and improper rebuilding (crank thrust end play) have I seen any problems.

Studebaker had the most bearing area for displacement, and loads, than any engine made. There never has been any problems with bearing loads no matter what you dish out at them.

Of all the engines I have gone through, there never has been any wear due to design. Only lack of maintenance and improper rebuilding (crank thrust end play) have I seen any problems.

That's true. More wear on the front main bearing due to turning the blower is an 'old wives tail'.....Answer...FALSE!