Driver's side window mechanism...

Jim Baize

Does anyone know what window mechanism was used in the 1990 4-door Avantis? Something snapped in mine and it is not operating correctly.

Jim Baize

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what they were sourced form, but there is a place in Florida that will rebuild them to new. I sent them a pair of 1/4 window regulators for a customers 89 convertible, and they came back like new.

windowmotorworld.net

Edited by brad

• 2 weeks later...
I sent mine to a company called Window Motor World inc 1-800-252-2649 windowmotorworld.net

I had my mechanic take my whole window regulator out and I shipped it to them. I got my window regulator back with a new motor, thicker cables, new pulleys, cleaned it all up and guarantee it for 1 year. They turned it around in a few days. Save your time and energy in trying to find out what Avanti Motors used and have these guys do it. You will get back a complete widow regulator just like new.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys. The motor is working, but the plastic that secures to the window broke. Is this the kind of thing they fix, as well?

• 3 months later...

Any idea where I can get the driver window plastic track (that bolts to the bottom of the window) that the regulator mates to in order to open and close the window?