Avanti Concepts

aardvark

In a prior post I mentioned a Concept Drawing of a futuristic Avanti... Thought I'd share... Maybe these have been seen before ... Maybe not.

AVX4_2 (1).jpg

AVX4_1 (1).jpg

Not too bad overall. "Adapt or die" is a pretty compelling reason for change. Personally speaking, the fender blades are a little too thin (laterally speaking) and the car's fascia is a little too far recessed (too deep set).

At the current depth, a "big ol' splitter" needs to fill the gap at bottom front. Actually, just pull the fascia forward a little bit (leave fender protrusions where they are) and still install a splitter, but then this splitter version would be more shallow.

Rear 3/4 view looks good. Ship it!
2031 IMSA GT4/GT3/GT2, here we come!

I agree with Your Design Points, Geoff.

Concept Drawings seem to never end up as an end product,... A good example is this Concept done by Loewy in (I think) 1961.

Many times I like the Concepts better than what actually hits the streets.   Still the Engineers and other factions then get involved and reign in the Designers ideas.

1961-Studebaker-Avanti-Concept-Design-Sketch-by-Raymond-Loewy-01.jpg

Posted (edited)

Mfg 

Same was true when the AVX came into the Design Studio and into production. And is necessary after the 20+ year timespan since the originals, due to necessary items needing upgraded.

It then is a matter of an Individuals tastes as to wether they like it or not...or wether it will sell,  To me, the Modern Concept Drawings are a bit over the top from a Build-ability  Standard, but I do like the general idea. I think it is very unlikely we will see this come into ''reality''. 

Edited by aardvark

8 hours ago, aardvark said:

Mfg 

Same was true when the AVX came into the Design Studio and into production. And is necessary after the 20+ year timespan since the originals, due to necessary items needing upgraded.

It then is a matter of an Individuals tastes as to wether they like it or not...or wether it will sell,  To me, the Modern Concept Drawings are a bit over the top from a Build-ability  Standard, but I do like the general idea. I think it is very unlikely we will see this come into ''reality''. 

The concept has the flared out fenders that I believe Loewy considered early on.

MFG. I actually like the design with laid over wings... as well as the end production,

Studie at the time was putting wings on their cars and to me, they were either too extreme or too cheap looking. The Hawk was extreme but pulled it off. Avanti escaped that and went more Euro.

I made a 20" x 30" print of the Loewy Concept and it's framed, in glass and going in my office.  Might even frame the Modern Concepts in a smaller format.