Power Steering problem

Leo B

The problem was that the Power Steering pump leaked from the central seam of the pump and the pump got empty and the Power Steering do not work after I put in new oil (STP Steering Oil). I haven't opened anything yet. I will repair the pump anyway. It seems to me that the oil is not circulating.

I'm convinced that the pump can break down without oil, but does the lack of oil damage also other parts?

Edited by Leo B

6 hours ago, Leo B said:

The problem was that the Power Steering pump leaked from the central seam of the pump and the pump got empty and the Power Steering do not work after I put in new oil (STP Steering Oil). I haven't opened anything yet. I will repair the pump anyway. It seems to me that the oil is not circulating.

I'm convinced that the pump can break down without oil, but does the lack of oil damage also other parts?

Lack of p/s fluid would not harm the other items in the system, but would be very detrimental to the pump itself if car were driven for extended period with belt on.

All winter I had been wondering what the spring is on my desk and where it got there... Now it turned out that it is from the flow control valve of the pump. The cause of the error was found. Likewise guilty. 🙄
The leak was found in the pump hose connection. I closed it very well on the table and sealed it with Locktite Hydraulic Sealant. No leak anymore and pump works fine.

4 hours ago, Leo B said:

All winter I had been wondering what the spring is on my desk and where it got there... Now it turned out that it is from the flow control valve of the pump. The cause of the error was found. Likewise guilty. 🙄
The leak was found in the pump hose connection. I closed it very well on the table and sealed it with Locktite Hydraulic Sealant. No leak anymore and pump works fine.

Good going Leo!