Chassis Lifting Points

SCPO-PD

I am getting ready to replace the power steering hoses on the RQB-3616 and am wondering where the chassis lifting points are on the frame....  I have the Quick Jack 7000 that I finished setting up today.

You have a Studebaker Frame.  IMHO I'd try as much as practicable to support on the outer Frame Rails at positions as close to the (outboard) Support Mountings (near the wheel arches) as you can.  To eliminate damage to the lower 'hat' section plates I always distribute load through a chunk of 2" timber. Don't jack on the Hogtroughs. I hope you can place Jackstands under there for safety.

No pictures but I think that I figured out the best points for the lift.  It is very NICE.  The first locking point provides TONS of room while the last locking point give me enough room to dance - LOL,  Well worth the investment!!!

On 3/12/2024 at 10:00 AM, SCPO-PD said:

No pictures but I think that I figured out the best points for the lift.  It is very NICE.  The first locking point provides TONS of room while the last locking point give me enough room to dance - LOL,  Well worth the investment!!!

Take care under there, mate.  I have seen reports of quickjacks failing for one reason or another.  Please do organise some jackstands or something else to mitigate a collapse.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, tmorefield said:

I have Quick Jacks as well and curious what points you ended up using?  Thanks!

I placed them on the right & left rails with the front contact points landing at front connections of the "X" frame.  This helped to ensure that the quick jacks were relatively straight.  I have the 7000TL and I used 1 LG + 1 SM rubber blocks at the contact points. 

At the 1st locking point on the Quick Jacks I had enough room to scoot under the car on my creeper to check out my power steering system in search for a leak that seems to have disappeared ....