Power Steering Help

Cowboy91

Need some help and ideas. Started '70 Avanti this morning to time it. The steering wheel went hard right and started to rapidly oscillate. Before I could hit the kill switch, the steering ram seal blew (what mess on the floor). I've rebuilt the control valve, all hoses are new, and have a new pump prior to start up. I check all the hose for correct location on the control valve and they are okay. Before I pull the ram and control valve out does anyone have an idea of what may have caused the failure. The ony connections that I may have reversed is at the ram. Reading what I have it dosen't really say whick control valve output goes to the upper or lower input connections. It is okay to tell me I may have screwed up.

Brad. Thanks for the response. I was reading a Ford bog where the description of reversing hoses also fits the issue at hand. Just ordered a ram and control valve rebuild kits. I'm going to do the control valve again just to be sure I didn't mess up on the first rebuild. Going to check the ram hoses in the morning as I pull the ram off. Hopefully there is no rod damage to deal with. Have a great week.