Great American Tour of Route 66

plwindish

Hemmings, Hagerty and Coker Tire are all sponsoring the Great American Tour, driving Route 66 from Kirksville MO to Santa Monica June 19th - 28th. Held in conjunction with the Great American Race with runs from June 19 - 28th, ending in Santa Monica. Tour cars are to be vintage, 1980 and older. The rates posted include all meals, lodging and tour attractions. There will be at least 1 Avanti on the trip as driving the entire Rte 66 has been on my bucket list for awhile. It woulds like a relaxed way to see all the sights on the roadway. Google Great American Tour for information on the trip.

If anyone does join the tour you should stop in Winslow, Arizona to "stand on the corner"... I was there earlier today with my lovely travel companion and wife (same person) and we also had a really nice meal at Dar's Route 66 Diner. All worth the time it took us to get there. Tomorrow it's back to Canada. BTW, we had a nice visit with Chuck and Chris Collins earlier this week. It is nice to get to meet some of the people I have been dealing with over the years.

Edited by StudeNorm

StudeNorm,

Standing on the corner in Winslow AZ is one of the "attractions" listed in the information about the tour. Nothing was said about the girl in a flatbed Ford driving by to take a look though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the "official" confirmation I'm in the tour this week. 25 cars are going to be in the tour. In 3 months we'll be on 66.