Cheap and Safe Droplight

IndyJimW

Get a good solid droplight, the type with a metal shield that everyone hates because it burns you from the heat of the bulb. :angry: I picked up one from Sears with an extension plug-in and 25 feet of cord for less than $10. Then get a package of Long Life Fluorescent Spiral Bulbs, the ones equal to 60 or 100 watt bulbs. We've been using ours for over 6 months and are only on our second bulb, you can leave them on all day and still grap the metal shield because they don't put out any heat. B) The bulbs seem to be tough as nails, better than any shop rated bulb I've used and the mechanics like the light better when in tight spaces. Paid less than $20 for droplight and 4 bulbs. :)

Or you can get this one :

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...pid=03473911000

Sears item #03473911000

Mfr. model #73911

$14.99

Reg. $19.99

Save $5.00

Sale ends 01/07/06

I have a long tube flouresent bulb work light from YEARS ago, the bulb has lasted

forever. Puts out a lot of light, and I have dropped it MANY times.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
I have used the screw base flourescent bulbs in my regular drop light, but they crack soooo easy.  Last one only fell about 12 inches onto the interior carpet.

Hmm......The reason I suggested them was because we have had so much luck with it in my shop. I've only used two in about 6 months, a record for droplight bulbs.