Avanti Lot!

mfg

It means built for stock,....not pre-sold for order of a customer.

Correct!....also, cancelled orders.... ("A place to send vehicles with no where else to go") I think I'll cry!!!!!

Correct!....also, cancelled orders.... ("A place to send vehicles with no where else to go") I think I'll cry!!!!!

Was this only on '64 models? My '63 build sheet says "ship via lot 151". It also says "Sold Rush". I've spoken to the original owner of my car, and was told that he was a Studebaker employee at the time and ordered this car.

Was this only on '64 models? My '63 build sheet says "ship via lot 151". It also says "Sold Rush". I've spoken to the original owner of my car, and was told that he was a Studebaker employee at the time and ordered this car.

I'm sure the same lot was used for surplus '63 models....Your Stude initially had no destination, then it was seen as 'fitting the bill' to what that Studebaker employee had ordered,...And so they sold it to him ASAP!....VERY INTERESTING!!

I'm sure the same lot was used for surplus '63 models....Your Stude initially had no destination, then it was seen as 'fitting the bill' to what that Studebaker employee had ordered,...And so they sold it to him ASAP!....VERY INTERESTING!!

May be true. But the original owner told me that he followed his Avanti down the assembly line from start to finish. Got some freebies along the way! Perks of working there. Don't we all wish we could go back in time , just for a little while!

May be true. But the original owner told me that he followed his Avanti down the assembly line from start to finish. Got some freebies along the way! Perks of working there. Don't we all wish we could go back in time , just for a little while!

That's for sure!