Paxton Warranty?

mfg

Would anyone like to take a guess at what the length of the warranty period was that the Granatellis offered Studebaker when they inquired about his Paxton Supercharger for their new 'sports car' in 1961?....1) 6 months.....2) 1 year,......3) 2 years.

The warranty Paxton Products gave with the supercharger was two years/24k miles after Andy Granatelli sorted out the quality control issues, but Studebaker gave a 12 month/12k mile warranty on the cars outside of tires and batteries which carried their own separate warranty. The owners manual warranty statement makes no mention of anything different for the supercharger. I'll have to say 12 months/12k miles unless someone comes up with documentation to the contrary.

The warranty Paxton Products gave with the supercharger was two years/24k miles after Andy Granatelli sorted out the quality control issues, but Studebaker gave a 12 month/12k mile warranty on the cars outside of tires and batteries which carried their own separate warranty. The owners manual warranty statement makes no mention of anything different for the supercharger. I'll have to say 12 months/12k miles unless someone comes up with documentation to the contrary.

Your a wealth of info Gunslinger....And you answered the question in your first sentance.....2 years.

For a bonus point, what was the length of warranty on the Competition Supercharger?

jack vines

I'm going to 'roll the dice' here'!....I believe the comp blower was sold without a warranty.

I'm going to 'roll the dice' here'!....I believe the comp blower was sold without a warranty.

Would anyone happen to know if the 'Comp' blower was sold without any warranty?...Just wondering.