Bonneville Runs!

mfg

That may have been part of it but I think they also wanted to give Studebaker a performance image as well. They did advertise the speed records as well as how the cars held up on the salts.

I think I would say the answer to your question would be a qualified true as well as a qualified false. I believe the desire for a performance image was primary and the reliability aspect a welcome benefit.

That may have been part of it but I think they also wanted to give Studebaker a performance image as well. They did advertise the speed records as well as how the cars held up on the salts.

I think I would say the answer to your question would be a qualified true as well as a qualified false. I believe the desire for a performance image was primary and the reliability aspect a welcome benefit.

I can only agree with your thoughts here....but there was another reason...I feel the MAIN reason.....Anybody?

It seems I read that they decided to use the runs to debut the new 64 models. But I didn't take that to mean that that was the main reason.

Yes, I believe that was part of it,....but really not the MAIN reason!

Well, you're all really close on this 'somewhat trick' question.............The MAIN REASON Studebaker sent its cars to Bonneville in '63 was to SELL CARS!!!! Answer to question....FALSE