Interior light upgrades...

Gunslinger

I first need to give kudos to Brad Bez for this. In another thread I mentioned I'd like to find an LED bulb to replace the #57 in my car's glove box so I can more comfortably leave it open during car shows and not drain as much power from the battery...possibly for hours at a time...plus the heat of the bulb's heat damaging the lens over time. Brad said to look for an LED with a Ba9s base which I did.

I found such a bulb (among many offered) on Amazon.com as well as LED replacements for the 1004 bulbs in the inside courtesy lights over the rear windows and the map light under the dash. While not exactly inexpensive...about $40 for them (including a spare in the package for the #57)...I can say they are a nice upgrade. The #57 in the glove box is definitely much brighter, as are the 1004 replacements...and all are a much whiter light than the incandescent bulbs.

They're available in colors other than white but I saw no reason for that. For the money I got what is likely the last bulbs I'll ever need to buy for the interior, plus they're brighter, use less battery power and no heat to damage the lens covers. I call it a win all the way around,

Now my car has better lighting in all positions...Hella Vision-Plus sealed beam headlight conversions, PIAA H3 driving lights, LED tail light boards, LED interior lights, LED light strips in the trunk, LED third brake light, hi-intensity halogen 1156 backup light bulbs as well as hi-intensity halogen 1157 front turn signal bulbs. While the car is rarely out at night, when it is, no one will be able to not see it.