Progress on my 69 Rqa0319

drat

I Was given this car by my stepdad several years ago and after much work recently started driving it regularly. I'm a motorcycle road racer and have won a few regional class championships on Ducati super bikes. So I like stuff to go fast and handle. So I started making some upgrades. Being more of a motorcycle guy I'm am learning how as I go. So it's taking a little longer but here's where I am at now.

I started with suspension, all new rubber EVERYWHERE front and back, Derlin for the upper and lower arms and poly shock mounts.

Rebuilt king pins, and Bell crank and converted over to Turner brakes up front.

I had Eaton make me lowering springs and installed them, and added some double valve Gaberils.

Then I replaced the master with a Willwood and a retrofitted a new gm style booster that required some doing to space out and get throws right. In fact, I may have to still add a 2 pound residue valve inline to make it perfect.

Then I turned to the motor which is a 350. I replaced the heads with new rebuilt 202s , and had some Sanderson block headers made. When I lowered the car the clearance in the wheel well was fine... Close but fine, however the mid pipes hit the tie rods. So I had new mid pipes made. I intend to do a x or h pipe next and complete the exhaust all the way back.

I went with a edelbrock performer manifold and 650 carb with a Holly adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge and new mechanical fuel pump.

I also converted over to hei and had a custom 110 alternator made.

I put in a Clifford alarm with keyless entry and just about every sensor, proximity to glass, tilt, etc.. And a really powerful stereo.

I have also installed a HID headlight kit.

Next up are wheels and tires. I'm Going with Coy wheels staggered 17 x8 up front and 18x9 out back and I just ordered all new Rubber for the doors and door windows and materials to prep the car for paint/wrap including patching some cracks and filling in the fender blinkers in the body all of which should be done in the coming weeks.

Then I'm going to tackle the wiring, random dull instrument lights, and interior lights connections.

Pretty excited to be getting close to having it wrapped. Which I decided upon because I can't decide on color and may change it, seeing that paint is 3 times as expensive.

Hers a pic of the stance. Its going to be slightly lower in the rear on Sunday.

post-9470-0-16252300-1410605569_thumb.jpgpost-9470-0-16252300-1410605569_thumb.jpg

Oh and I forgot to add I had to install a high torque mini starter to deal with the heat of the mid pipes being so close to the starter after pushing them up close to lower the car with spring instead of taking out body spacers.

Well I feel silly Bob. I did this HID "conversion" a year or so ago and couldn't remember what I got so I looked up the kits on baxters.

Like I said I'm learning as I go, and I just learned something.

What I bought wasn't a hid conversion kit because it didn't have relays in it. It was a sealed beam conversion kit to use H4 replacement bulbs

I was wondering why the lights weren't brighter, it does have a better throw and beam pattern, but not brighter.

I just bought what they had off the shelf at Baxters, so I don't remember the brand. They only had one at the store, and from the web site the brands look like Anszo and Hella, however it looks like I now need to buy relays to get the full effect lol. I think ill do that today.

I believe I used 6000 bulbs

, as they are not blue, but that could be because of no relays and they are not using enough juice?

5000-6000K is the recommended temperature for brightest (daylight) light. It is white light, The blue comes from higher temperature and yellow lower IIRC.

Most sights I've looked at suggest using the 5000-6000K. Probably something like this is what I'll use. http://www.amazon.com/H6024-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-6000K-BALLAST/dp/B00CO774II#productDetails

Some thoughts on temperature vs light output http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com/car-audio-and-video/accessories-and-installation/hid-color-temperature.html

Thanks for the input and post a few pics when done, you will have a nice ride that will get attention.

Bob

Edited by Avanti83