Drive your Studebaker Day 2014

bigdaddy

I'll be out and about tomorrow! Mine is a work in progress, but I'll have plenty of tools & cell phone. No destination in particular, but we have some beautiful country in my area and I plan on driving through it. Looking forward to all the questions that I normally get! ............ Dust 'em off and get 'em out!

Just got back home, put a little over 200 miles on the Avanti. Got a real good reception while sitting on a Ferry crossing the Mississippi river. One guy shook my hand and thanked me for getting it out, said that he has a model of a '63, that he has kept since childhood and was never this close to a real Avanti. Did see 2 other Studes on the road. Had a great day!

I had plans to join the Staten Island club Verrabakers for a drive and then dinner, but NJ / NY weather had a different plan as rain arrived. So earlier in the day, I drove my 63 GT Hawk to a high end mall for the monthly coffee and cars meet. I was the only Studebaker there among Porsche, Ferrari, Rolls Royce and a classic 63 split window Vette. Later I drove over to my mechanics shop as he watched me do some repairs.

Tomorrow I plan on a small show locally and will drive my 64 Avanti R2. Two (2) years ago my R2 took a 1st in Class at a Concorse de' Elegance.

Mark