1982 Avanti II Chassis and parts

timepilot

RQB-3434, one of the last '82 Altmans is undergoing a complete body-off restification here in Indiana. The body has been removed and I'm parting with everything that was underneath it.

The chassis is rolling on a nice set of 4 original Borani wire wheels (not knock-offs, but rather the original 5 bolt pattern lugged wire rims) with Avanti logo centers. The tires have less than 30 miles on them.

The car was a near-daily driver and the 305HO Camaro engine and TH400 transmision are OEM and were powering the car right up until we cut the body off. I actually drove the chassis around the parking lot minus the body so I can attest to the viability of the powertrain.

The hogtroughs are completely shot on both sides and numerous rubber bushings have had it too, but the chassis is complete and the stainless dual exhaust is in excellent shape.

I'm happy to part this out because my car is getting a custom fabbed tube frame with corvette independent front and rear suspensions. I won't need a single part fro the OE chassis. I guess I should include the original tilt column which is in fine condition but I will be keeping the wood OEM nardi steering wheel.

My preference would be to sell the entire chassis to someone in need of a solid frame to build from or scavenge but I will part it. The wheels alone are worth nearly a grand but I'll be happy to cut someone a deal on them if they take the whole chassis so I don't have to store it.

It's being stored inside a climate controlled barn in Avon, Indiana and I'm in no rush to part with it so I invite any interested parties to come down and have a look. If you bring a fuel cell, you're welcome to fire it up and drive it around although I don't recommend it ;-)

If anyone's interested in whole or part, please contact me anytime at 317-nine-eight-nine-nine-three-zero-two (sorry spammers!)

jack

RQB-2816

RQB-3434

• 2 months later...

Greetings from Hoosier to Hoosier!

Would be very interested in looking at your Avantis and furthering my education on what to "look out for" when inspecting a potential Avanti to buy.

Additionally...to all...I am in the market for what everyone wants...a great car for low $'s...of course. Retired GI with little money, some skill, and a lifelong love for Avantis..(my first favorite car 1964, I was 5).

I'm not some schmuck who's saying I want to adopt your baby and give it a loving home only to have you see it reappear at twice the price. I want one for me to keep til I'm done (me, not the car)...which after 20 years in the Army won't further ahead than whats behind.

Congrats to all who own and love these unique icons...you've realized a dream I have yet to fulfill.

You're most welcome anytime! Congrats on your 20, I got mine in July from the Navy. I'm still a reservist but I've got fewer days ahead than behind too ;-)

I still have the '82 Chassis and drivetrain stored in Avon so just let me know when you'd like to come out and we'll go through it. I'll be happy to take you a couple miles down the road from there to where the car is getting restored so you can see what the body shell looks like and what we're doing for the new frame and powerplant. Just drop me a line!

Jack

Hello from another Hoosier here in Indy. Thanks to both of you for your service. I would love to see your Avanti also, I have a '87 that I use as a daily driver and I'm only about 10 miles away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived