Avanti I wiring diagram

davette59

I have searched the forum and internet and cannot find a wiring diagram for the Avanti II. Mine is a 1978.

Is the diagram and wire colors the same as the 1963? My gas gage is not working. I installed a new sending unit but there were three wires on the old one which doesn't seem right. I need to get back in the trunk and check the wire colors.

Try this webpage if you haven't already found it http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/Diagrams/aec/aec.html.

Avanti Motors by necessity used a different wiring harness than Studebaker...the change to the GM engine demanded it and the harnesses changed year to year as options were added, changed or deleted. Examples are the change to GM's HEI, internally regulated alternator, power moonroof, change of the power window switches to the console, etc.

I know that a fair portion of the wiring harnesses mirrored the original Studebaker harness as much as possible but changed where necessary.

The two best people you can ask for advice are probably Jon Myer or Dan Booth at Nostalgic. I've dealt with each and I'm astounded at the depth of their knowledge and experience. Others may well know but these are the two that have been the biggest help to me...plus their willingness to help is what makes Avanti ownership less headache than it sometimes can be.