Auto Transport

Pat Tucci

I've used Intercity twice and liked them. First class treatment.

It's all enclosed...and once they load the car, it stays there until delivered...no storage at a warehouse or garage along the way.

Edited by J Boyle

I recently had a Studebaker Hawk transported from CO to Houston. The carrier was Chuck Donkle and he is a one man show who is well known to the Studebaker clan. Has an enclosed truck that is painted like it is from the factory. Classiest thing I've seen and quite a surprise when he arrived. This was a favor from the Hawk seller and I'm not sure how far Donkle will travel. For me r/t was 2000 miles. His email is cdonkle@rural-com.com and phone is 719 456 2468. Most enclosed transport is .08 to .10 per mile one way. Mostly a brokered operation.

I can send you a picture of the truck. Dave Pyle • dap8@comcast.net

What exactly are your needs? Internet quotes are a waste of time. Brokers give you quotes. There are very few truckers who deal directly and they tend to be exclusive and expensive. Call Donkle if you are in his general area. Price and car treatment will be what you are looking for. Is it an Avanti? If so he may not be interested.

A 2006 Avanti is rare indeed. My comment about Donkle's lack of interest was sort of a joke. When he delivered my GT Hawk I ask if he had an Avanti in his 40 Studebaker collection. He said he wasn't much interested in Avantis. Didn't say he would turn down a transport deal. (Is the car white on a Mustang chassis? Saw one like that on U-Tube.)

Donkle lives in Las Animas so the fit might be perfect. Call him and if interested I will send you a picture of his truck delivering my car.

Dave Pyle • dap8@comcast.net

Edited by dapy

I sold a 50 Commander Starlight several months ago and the buyer used Passport Transport. She was extremely pleased with them. You need to check as some carriers will have local tow trucks pickup the car and haul it to a lot where they pick up from. You pay extra for enclosed transportation and they do not tell you it will be transported to a lot where is may sit outside for some time and the transport is via open flat bed. So you might ask if they pick up directly from the sellers location.

Passport parked their truck on a major road as it was too long to get down my deadend street and turn around and they walked to my house and drove the car onto their truck.

Call Dave Fountain at 712 775-2151

I guarantee he won't bug you or try to sell you something you don't want! I've been in trucking for over 35 years, and he's the most honest, upfront guy I can remember dealing with. He was in contact with me every day my car was in transit from Florida to Washington. He gave me the driver's phone # and made arrangements to have my car delivered first and right to my door.

I chose open transport, but he got me a spot on the top back of the trailer where it stayed almost spotless in the middle of winter for no extra charge.

It's worth it to call him even if you don't use him, just for another point of view.