Door assist straps

davette59

The door panels on my 78Avanti have no means for pulling the door closed. The arm rests have no finger pull cups in them. I have been told that the car originally came with some pull straps on the door panel but I have not been able to locate any. Right now, I have to pull the doors closed with the door handles.

Is there any place I can get these straps?

Dave

I was just at Jon Myer's place a few days ago...they have enough parts cars (I saw at least one Avanti II of the right vintage there) they would have the parts, though you would still have to get the strap upholstered to match your interior.

All the straps are is two metal straps with the ends slotted...they get covered in foam and upholstered and stitched over, then attached to the doors with nutserts with a chrome covering on the ends. It's a pretty simple thing.

As Charlie Kile said...call Jon or the Booths at Nostalgic. Either or both may have NOS parts to get yours done in.

An aside...my car, RQB1574, is the first Avanti with pull straps and the first not to have the cups in the armrests. I know...doesn't mean much but just a neat bit of trivia I discovered when looking through some Avanti Motors documents.