Bringing a '63 R2 out of mothballs

Packard8

Hi Folks,

After a long rest I'm getting my R2 Avanti, 63R-3287 back on the road. I've been out of the loop re parts vendors and available items for a while and would appreciate suggestions re locating the following:

Rebuilder for the AFB carb and Carter fuel pump

Turquoise front seat upholstery

Turquoise/black "salt & pepper" complete carpet set

"Paxton Supercharger" tag above the S/C pulley

Thanks!

John

For carb and fuel pump rebuilding there are several vendors...Jon Myer of Myer's Studebaker is at the top of my list. He can provide the "Paxton Supercharger" label as well (plus rebuild your supercharger if necessary).

Turquoise upholstery and carpet set...both are made of unobtanium. You can find vinyl close to the original turquoise but original stuff is long gone. I'm not sure who but some have found reproduction carpeting but it's reportedly not that close to original.

Best of luck with the car!

The carpet is out there but I cannot speak to how "correct" it is. If I remember where I got the literature from or stashed it, I'll will post later. I saw it a couple of years ago at the SEMA show in Vegas. I came across it a while back and looked the vendor up on the web and it was in their web catalog.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll contact Myer's Stude, Thankfully the S/C is operating OK at this point (knock on wood) but the car is barely running due to carb issues from sitting too long.

Kennie, if you do run across the vendor for carpet I would appreciate it!

Cheers,

John

I doubt if you'll get anyone at Myer's Studebaker until they get back from the SDC International Meet. I know Jon is already in Colorado Springs for it and his son Mike is heading there in the next day or so.