Information & Parts

Guest dapy

I'm hoping to find more detailed information than is in the Owner's Manual for my (new) 1989 Cafaro convertible.

Hopefully there is a facility that specializes in later Avantis where advice and parts are available.

My VIN is 12AAV2224K1000526.

The most likely guru for later Avanti information might be Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors. When Avanti Motors moved from South Bend to Youngstown Dan bought all of the parts inventory and tooling plus many of the records. I know that your '89 was built after the move to Youngstown but Dan may still be your go-to guy on this.

I think their phone is 1-800-AVANTI-1. I don't know an email address. If I remember they're open Monday through Thursday...or at least that's the days they answer the phones. Dan's a good guy...if he can help you he will. When my '70 was damaged in an accident a couple of years ago he told the body shop manager he was willing to walk them through the repairs on the door and door post over the phone real-time. We're quite fortunate that Avanti and Studebaker people seem to be like that.

I had a long phone visit with Dan Booth. Learned a lot. He does not have specific individual car records after 1987, but has parts for later cars.