Information ?

Tom Odom

I'm very new here, like 5 minutes. Anyway would like any advise on buying an Avanti. 63-64.

I'm making arrangements now to look at one that is suppose to be in really good shape. Does $15000 sound like a fair price.

Thanks

Tom Odom

tom@tomodom.com

Welcome to the group, Tom.

$15K should buy you a nice Avanti...not perfect, but nice. You need to decide what you're looking for...a nice driver like an R1, or more performance oriented like the supercharged R2. Everything else being equal, an R2 will cost you more, especially if it has a 4-speed instead of an automatic.

Regardless of what you acquire, the best thing you can do is get a shop manual and parts manual. You won't regret having them.

Welcome to the group, Tom.

$15K should buy you a nice Avanti...not perfect, but nice.  You need to decide what you're looking for...a nice driver like an R1, or more performance oriented like the supercharged R2.  Everything else being equal, an R2 will cost you more, especially if it has a 4-speed instead of an automatic.

Regardless of what you acquire, the best thing you can do is get a shop manual and parts manual.  You won't regret having them.

Thanks for the reply.

I Think I'll go for an R1 with working A/C.

I would think one of the group members could point me in the right direction for a shop and parts manual, When I need one. Hope it is soon.

Thanks again,

Tom Odom