Avanti Paint Code

AnAvantiR1for Bob

I was doing some research on my 1963 Avanti (#3062) at the Gilmore Library and found some information in the 1960-1969 Catalog of American Cars (compiled by Cars & Parts): The ID article stated that there was a paint code sticker/piece of paper attached to the bottom of the glove box on Avanti's that gave the paint code(s). I do not have one on my Avanti. Has anyone seen one of these stickers and/or have a piucture of how they looked? Did other Studebaker models share this sticker? Is there truth to this information? Inquiring minds...Bob (and thanks for your comments)

Avanti II's came with a sticker like that with paint info stuck on the backside of the glovebox mirror. I imagine that was done since there were no standard colors as they would paint the car any automotive color. That information would be vital to any body shop should repairs be needed and color had to match the color.

Edited by Gunslinger

The thread on the SDC site now includes pics of the original sticker - Good info. Thanks for the reply Gunslinger...Bob (63R-3062)

Link: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?66131-Avanti-Paint-code-sticker-location