Rear dome lamps for 1982 Avanti II

grobb284

I recently picked up a brand new set of reproduction lenses for the rear dome lamps in the rear passenger area for my 1982 Avanti II. I just assumed they were still like the original 63-64 Avanti.

Naturally, I was wrong, they are a completely different animal in 1982. Does anyone know from what car line these rear dome lamps were taken from by Avanti Motors?

I've no idea where Avanti Motors sourced them but you have a couple of options:

If those lenses have any identifying maker and numbers, you can do a generic auto parts web search and maybe come up with them and what make and model car they originally were from.

You can take one to a parts supplier like NAPA, Pep Boys, etc., and look in their replacement book from Dorman or similar replacement parts vendor and see if you can find an identical replacement. Maybe Dorman has everything listed online to look at.

You can give Dan Booth a call at Nostalgic Motors as he probably has the greatest inventory and knowledge of late Avanti II cars as he bought the leftover inventory of pre-'87 parts from Avanti Motors when they moved from South Bend to Youngstown, Ohio.

I think between those three options you can find what you need.