Magnum 500 lug nuts

martincl

I have a set of Magnum 500 wheels from an Avanti II.

I need to purchase lug nuts. Can anyone tell me the style/type used with these wheels? I've checked out the Summit Racing website but there are many options!

I also need to get center caps.

Leon.

You can get center caps through Summit Racing or Coker Tires. They're not inexpensive...around $40 or so each. Get the ones for the Mopar application with the bullseye circle emblem or the ones with the Magnum 500 emblem...it doesn't matter...most of us take that emblem out and replace it with the same size Avanti emblem sold by Studebaker International and a few other vendors...a perfect fit and they just "belong" on the car!

I purchased new lug nuts at Pep Boys since the ones on my car were pretty beaten up from years of wear. They're 1/2" right hand thread...take an old one (if you have any) to Pep Boys or whatever store like that and simply match them up. $20 more or less should cover a new set. You can get the lug nuts from Summit or Coker as well...your choice.

You can get center caps through Summit Racing or Coker Tires. They're not inexpensive...around $40 or so each. Get the ones for the Mopar application with the bullseye circle emblem or the ones with the Magnum 500 emblem...it doesn't matter...most of us take that emblem out and replace it with the same size Avanti emblem sold by Studebaker International and a few other vendors...a perfect fit and they just "belong" on the car!

I purchased new lug nuts at Pep Boys since the ones on my car were pretty beaten up from years of wear. They're 1/2" right hand thread...take an old one (if you have any) to Pep Boys or whatever store like that and simply match them up. $20 more or less should cover a new set. You can get the lug nuts from Summit or Coker as well...your choice.

Thanks Bruce,

Do you have a photo of the correct lug nut? I have none.

Is it a Ford style nut seat or the Stude/Chrysler style? I think the seats are different.

Leon.

It's the wheel itself that makes the difference for the lug nut...not whether it's going on a Ford, Mopar or an Avanti. If you buy Ford or Mopar oe rims then the seat angle makes a difference for lug nuts. For the Magnum 500 you need 1/2" x 20 (threads per inch) right hand thread, conical seat, closed end lug nuts. The McGard part number is 64000. There's other brands available as well. I'm using McGard as an example plus it's a well known brand. If you look on Summit's website you'll see a photo of them.