Must have wiring tool

IndyJimW

I've been using a Power Probe III around the shop for the last 3 years and I'm telling you to throw away your old test lights and get one of these as soon as possible. I just wish I would of had one of these 30 years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Probe-Ultimate-Automotive-Electrical/dp/B000KPU8MK

Very well made with a cable that you can connect to the + and - on the battery or plug in to the cigar lighter. The cable is long enough to test the lights in the back of the car. I purchased an extension cable and can work on the trailer lights of a semi. No more wondering if you have a good ground for your test light. When probing a wire the Probe will light a red light if hot, or a green light if the wire is grounded. The probe also has a digital read out of voltage, so you know if your getting a full 12 volts. The probe has a switch that allows you to supply a ground or power to the Probe tip so that you can test lights etc, for a bad power wire or a bad ground wire. The Probe also has a ground lead coming out of the handle, I have used this to ground a window motor and then power it with the Probe tip to see if it works. The Probe has its own circuit breaker built in, just reset if you blow the breaker.

Best $100.00 I've spent in my tool box. Any Tool truck should carry them.

These work great on older vehicles, but be careful around computers. Supply 12 volts to the wrong wire and you will let all the magic smoke out of the computer.

Good Luck,

Jim Wood