Source for '63 Avanti Red Vinyl interior material

Red63R3

Folks - I have been able to secure the replacement center console cover ( replaces the original which is now sporting Andy Granitelli's autograph and get's put away ) but have NOT found a source for the red vinyl interior material for a '63 - Stude Int'l and Nostalgic don't carry it. Does anyone know where I can score a square yard of the vinyl? Thanks as always - Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the sources above, try the best custom interior shop in your area, the place where high-dollar street rod builders go.

You'd be surprised what they can get.

When I bought my '70 and had it redone, it was a long search by the upholstery shop for leather that matched the interior. While the interior was originally done in what Avanti Motors called "Raphael Vinyl", it was a difficult color and appearance to match...and I wanted the Recaro's I found and back seats in leather. The shop, who I've long dealt with and does fantastic work, tried many upholstery suppliers with no luck. They finally found a match from an aircraft upholstery supplier...so it does help to go through an upholsterer with all their sources.

• 3 weeks later...

When I bought my '70 and had it redone, it was a long search by the upholstery shop for leather that matched the interior. While the interior was originally done in what Avanti Motors called "Raphael Vinyl", it was a difficult color and appearance to match...and I wanted the Recaro's I found and back seats in leather. The shop, who I've long dealt with and does fantastic work, tried many upholstery suppliers with no luck. They finally found a match from an aircraft upholstery supplier...so it does help to go through an upholsterer with all their sources.

The new S.I. catalog list NOS red vinyl for $35.00 a yard.

• 2 weeks later...