Auto Theft from Show

Ernie

Sad Ending to the week

This past week the Buick World held their annual get together at Beech Bend. Their homecoming lasts Tuesday through Saturday. It would be comparable to our National shows, but with alot more activity, drag racing is the hi-point of the week. You get to see more Black Gran Nationals running the streets of Bowling Green than any other place in the USA. Late Saturday night or early Sunday morning, a total of 5 trucks, trailers, and cars were stolen from different hotels around the city. Sounded like a very organized theft ring that had plans for all cars.

Just wanted to bring this to the attention of everyone who trailers their cars to any event, it can happen. Of what I have heard all of the stolen vehicles were just driven away, even with the vehicles all locked up.

Edit: Police report on 10/24/11 lists 2 trucks, 2 trailers, and 2 Buick Gran Nationals were stolen. Another truck, trailer, and car was broken into but not stolen as reported earlier.

That really sucks! Let's hope all gets recovered and the perpetrators get arrested and prosecuted. I hope the cars don't get cut up for parts or shipped overseas.

It makes me not feel so bad about some cretin going into my Avanti at a show last year and stealing my camera.