Magnum 500 wheels

forward

Redoing my 1978 II. Removed side markers and cow catcher. Has 1964 bumpers and grille. Looks good but the original Magnum 500s are pretty bad.

Summit Racing has Magnum 500s, 15 X 6 5 x 4.5 with 4.0" backspace that "should fit". Will these work without a problem?

I like the 500s and want to keep them but "should fit" doesn't mean "exact fit". Any advice appreciated.

Thank You Kindly

Jim

RQB 2771

No reason they won't fit. 15"x6" is best. Check around for price...Summit probably has about as good a price as you'll find, but many vendors carry them, though most won't have the 6" wide but 7" primarily.

I think the Magnum 500 gives an Avanti the best overall look. Nate Altman, or whomever at Avanti Motors who chose the 500 as an option, hit a home run with that selection. True wire spoke wheels look as good or even better, but I have no desire to keep up with their maintenance.

Edited by Gunslinger

• 2 weeks later...

Redoing my 1978 II. Removed side markers and cow catcher. Has 1964 bumpers and grille. Looks good but the original Magnum 500s are pretty bad.

Hi Jim, You might try SPECIALTY WHEEL 1-800-959-5800. They claim all steel, all American. (Made in USA). They can do any backspace, 14" to 17" wheels. BTW 20" wheels will fit an Avanti.

Summit Racing has Magnum 500s, 15 X 6 5 x 4.5 with 4.0" backspace that "should fit". Will these work without a problem?

I like the 500s and want to keep them but "should fit" doesn't mean "exact fit". Any advice appreciated.

Thank You Kindly

Jim

RQB 2771

Hi Jim, You might try SPECIALTY WHEEL ( 1-800-959-5800 ). They claim

All Steel, All American (made in USA) They offer any back spacing and

sizes 14" to 17". Any good tire shop can help you select the right

tire and wheel size, and correct backspacing. BTW, you can put a 20"

wheel on a 64 Avanti.