1987 Avanti Convertible Top Switch.

billmdonn

Last week I took the car out for a spin. When I got home the top would not go up. My son and I managed to get the top up by hand, it was very difficult. Dropped the car off at my mechanic, for him it seems to have worked. He may not have taken the top down all the way. This morning same thing. Top won't go up. I have to think the switch is bad. Has anyone had the same problem? Where can you get one of these switch? I was going to take the car to the Atlantic Zone Meet on July 14, but not without the top working. Could the power window switch replace the convertible top switch?

Edited by billmdonn

Last week I took the car out for a spin. When I got home the top would not go up. My son and I managed to get the top up by hand, it was very difficult. Dropped the car off at my mechanic, for him it seems to have worked. He may not have taken the top down all the way. This morning same thing. Top won't go up. I have to think the switch is bad. Has anyone had the same problem? Where can you get one of these switch? I was going to take the car to the Atlantic Zone Meet on July 14, but not without the top working. Could the power window switch replace the convertible top switch?

The 'so called' wiring diagram for this car's conv. top is basic (a switch & motor). This may sound really stupid - but it worked for me on my sunroof / the sunroof would not operate UNTIL I started the car and revved the engine a little while operating the switch and No Problem!