1988 Silver Anniversary

RonB

In my infinite wisdom, I neglected to check the supercharger oil level after a two month layup and went for a "spin". Yes, the supercharger locked and burned the belts, (that's how I knew something was wrong) Anyone know where to find the proper belts as well as repair the supercharger? I found what is described as a "complete rebuild kit" from SuperchargersOnline.com for the paxton SN 60 which I believe is in my car, stamped on the housing is SN 60 V 461 51 1388. I did drive it back home after the belts broke and it seems to run just fine, but I would like to have the car complete with working supercharger.

Thanks,

Ron

Do the belts you have now have a brand name and number on them? If so, you can either find that brand or do a cross-reference. You can also measure the belt's length and width across the top and find new belts according to that. You also have to make sure the angle of the "V" is the same as well. If you have manufacturer and part numbers still readable on the current belts a reference guide should give you all the measurements you need.

There's a number of vendors for the AOAI and the SDC who offer blower rebuilding services. Depending on what the blower actually needs a rebuild kit may not have all the parts you need. While comparatively simple, that Paxton can be quite touchy when being rebuilt. The planar balls alone require perfect matching to operate properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Do the belts you have now have a brand name and number on them? If so, you can either find that brand or do a cross-reference. You can also measure the belt's length and width across the top and find new belts according to that. You also have to make sure the angle of the "V" is the same as well. If you have manufacturer and part numbers still readable on the current belts a reference guide should give you all the measurements you need.

There's a number of vendors for the AOAI and the SDC who offer blower rebuilding services. Depending on what the blower actually needs a rebuild kit may not have all the parts you need. While comparatively simple, that Paxton can be quite touchy when being rebuilt. The planar balls alone require perfect matching to operate properly.

Thanks for the response, I should log in more often. The belts (3) are completely destroyed. I did contact Jon Myer and he can rebuild an says he also has belts. I'm going to measure by using a string or wire on the pulley before removing the blower just to make sure of the length.