63 R-1 Trunk Carpets

Red63R3

Folks

Am now down to replacing the trunk carpets in 63R2552 - exterior is Avanti Red - interior carpet is the red/black peppered w/fawn dash ( Combo 7 )

What is the appropriate/stock trunk liner that came stock with the car - fabric/carpet or vinyl?

And what would the cost be for new and who would you recommend?

The car is a driver but am striving to keep the cosmetics as close to original as possible

My car (Avanti Red with combo 6 interior) still has the original trunk finish: black very low knapp carpet...basically fuzzy stuff.

The spare tire cover is painted wood.

No nice vinyl mat like period Fords.

Edited by J Boyle

Original trunk carpeting was all black to the best of my knowledge. I've not seen anything different until the post Studebaker built Avanti's, and even then, I believe it was later before different carpeting was offered. Some later Avanti's came with quite plush carpeting color-keyed to the car.

You can get original type black carpeting sets for the trunk from Jim Lawrence (FBN Interiors)...304-337-8693. His products are excellent and he personally is a real gentleman.

I don't remember the cost...I bought it from him at a Zone Meet in 2006. He also carries the liner for the console and glove box...more good products from a good vendor.

Edited by Gunslinger