Question on headlight buckets, alignment screws, and modern Avantis.

grobb284

I'm moving the headlight bucket behind the opening to eliminate the large headlight bezel, and just have the sealed beam headlight retainer pass through the fender. This will make the headlight appear smaller, and more recessed.

3663830044_e7fff3b280.jpg

I now need to find a headlight bucket that has the two alignment screws accessed from the back, or find longer alignment screws that I can make accessible from the back. Does anyone know if these items are commercially available?

Well last night we went to the SDC meet at Fairborn Studebaker (a good time was had by all), and there was a Mustang based Avanti there, a 2006 model.

Here is a factory photo from the internet.

maininset.gif

I was surprised to find that they had done the same thing. So, I proceded to examine the vehicle, to see how you accessed the alignment screws from the back. Much to my surprise, it appears you have to remove the whole headlight assembly, make an adjustment, and reinstall the assembly. It would seem that this would have to be accomplished several times to actually aim the headlights. My second question is: Is this indeed the case with Avantis modeled after the AVX, or do they have a rear headlight adjustment that I missed?

My '02 has the headlight adjustments made from the rear, but since the whole hood/headlight assembly is one piece that tilts forward, it's only a matter of setting the hood back down, checking the light alignment, raising the hood again and making the adjustments and repeat until set.

Is there not adjustment access on the Mustang based cars with the hood up from the inside? If the headlights need to be removed from the rear I would think there would be adjusting screws there as well.