Trailing arm bushings

billsr2

Is there any good way to install new trailing arm bushings? I tried heating them in boiling water & using silicone grease....yeh,right!

Also,does anyone repro the little metal tags for the rear axle covers?

Thanks!

Is there any good way to install new trailing arm bushings? I tried heating them in boiling water & using silicone grease....yeh,right!

Also,does anyone repro the little metal tags for the rear axle covers?

Thanks!

Bill, Your talking about the Traction bar bushing. You can squeeze them in place with a vice. Using a piece of material the same dia.That will push them 3/4's of the way thru. then Smack the bushing with a mallet the rest of the way. As for the little tags. Try Meyers Studebaker.

Edited by Twnchgr

Thanks for checking in!

Are you saying, like a piece of pipe to fit over the bushing and then a socket or something to slip inside the pipe? I could see that. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for checking in!

Are you saying, like a piece of pipe to fit over the bushing and then a socket or something to slip inside the pipe? I could see that. I will keep you posted.

Bill, if what you come up with dosent work. e-mail me I will pull one and take picture of my method. B)

One set of pictures will equal thousand words..lol

Edited by Twnchgr

You might try a piece of all-thread with large washers on each end. Tighten up the nuts to pull the bushing into place. That and some teflon oil works for me.

George Wendell