Traction bar bushings

ChrisM

Has anyone locally sourced rear traction bar bushings and spacers for the '63 Avanti? I know they can be ordered, but am interested in saving time and shipping.

Thanks, Chris

Edited by ChrisM
Would like to be notified of replies.

Why not support our vendors?   They are supporting YOUR vehicle by carrying the suspension parts to keep our cars on the road at a reasonable cost.  The Thibeault's in Maine are probably closest to you if shipping a long distance is a cost concern, I have purchased from them and I live clear across the country.   Or if you have plenty of time on your hands take the whole assembly to your local FLAPS and see how far you get.     Lou Cote

8 hours ago, dynolou2 said:

Why not support our vendors?   They are supporting YOUR vehicle by carrying the suspension parts to keep our cars on the road at a reasonable cost.  The Thibeault's in Maine are probably closest to you if shipping a long distance is a cost concern, I have purchased from them and I live clear across the country.   Or if you have plenty of time on your hands take the whole assembly to your local FLAPS and see how far you get.     Lou Cote

I agree with your statement, except Dave Thibeault is in Mass. (unless they moved VERY recently).  

I, too, stand corrected. I apologize to all the true Studebaker vendors.  

• 2 weeks later...

When I installed my track bar bushings the outer axle rubber on the left wanted to migrate either inside or outside the bracket. All the rest are stable. I knew it was outside the bracket when I started hearing the bar chattering against the axle mounting plate. Luckily it never fell off.  I tried everything to stabilize it but it kept moving. The only thing I didn't do was replace the bracket with new.  I have found a fix but it is not factory. Any thoughts as to what caused this and what I needed to do to correct it? I got my bushings from SI.  Thanks.