• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mfg said:

DOUBLE UNCLE??:huh:

I guess that I am a triple uncle - a niece and two nephews, and also do not know the answer nor have the time to look into it. 

21 minutes ago, studegary said:

I guess that I am a triple uncle - a niece and two nephews, and also do not know the answer nor have the time to look into it. 

No problem Gary:)...and nieces & nephews are certainly a blessing. (at least they are when they're small!)

ANSWER....An important Stude Avanti production change occurred at this serial number....A new cable was added between the starter solenoid & ignition coil to give a full 12 volts to the coil while engine is cranked,  improving starting!  (Studebaker part # 1560412)

1 hour ago, mfg said:

No problem Gary:)...and nieces & nephews are certainly a blessing. (at least they are when they're small!)

ANSWER....An important Stude Avanti production change occurred at this serial number....A new cable was added between the starter solenoid & ignition coil to give a full 12 volts to the coil while engine is cranked,  improving starting!  (Studebaker part # 1560412)

Not too small - A nephew of mine just turned 64 years old a couple of weeks ago.

I thought Studebaker already had that system.  Perhaps just a new cable or way to do it.  AhHa - It was a cable from the starter rather than the ignition switch.  There was already 12 volts at cranking.