Ride Height

dk3333

I believe that my 1981 Avanti II (RBQ3333) sits too high. I measure 28-1/4 to 29 inches measured from the ground to the wheel arch at the center-line of the wheel. My tires are P206 75 R 15. The front is ¼ to ½ inch higher. I did not check tire pressure, but it might account for some differences.

Does this seem correct? What does yours measure?

Measuring at the same place you did, my '70 rides at 26.5"...at the highest point of the arch which is a bit to the rear of the wheel centerline it measures 27.25". My car wears P215/70R15 tires riding on 15"x6" Magnum 500 rims. I'm guessing ride height can change due to several causes...do the coil springs ride on spacers? Rim width can make some difference...has your car's fenders been replaced with Studebaker Avanti fenders without the filler piece? Have the coil springs compressed and someone has forced into them the twist-in spacers? I've seen several Avantis with them rather than replace the coil springs. Maybe the car was a lot spacers between the body and frame? Body orientation is changed by adding or subtracting spacers.

There can be a number of reasons.