02 Avanti finds a new home in NZ

plwindish

Long time AOAI, SDC, Black Hawk SDC, and Chicagoland AOAI member Hugh Edfors recently sold his 02 Avanti to a gentleman from New Zealand. The car was picked up yesterday from Hugh's house in Naperville IL and started its 9000 mile journey to New Zealand. Hugh had ordered the car during a Meet in GA after touring the Villa Rican facility and was scheduled to pick it up 09/01/01 and drive it home. Needless to say, history altered the pickup as no planes were flying after the twin towers incident. He and another AOAI member went down a week later and picked up the car and drove it back to Chicago.

Hugh has had 14+ years of enjoyment with the car, driving it to many meets as well as driving in the Great American Tour from Chicago to St Louis, then on to Santa Monica CA touring old Rte 66. After the tour, I shipped my 76 back home and my wife and I drove Hugh's 02 from CA to IL with a family vacation/reunion stop over in Grand Junction CA.

The gentleman in NZ is getting a very nice car. Godspeed to its safe arrival in NZ.

post-9018-0-76692000-1456259329_thumb.jpg