Corbeau Seat Frames - E142 / E143 a No/Go

SCPO-PD

Just a brief note...

I contacted Coreau today to see if their Avanti seat frames would fit the Recaro seats that many of us have and I received the following message...  "Our brackets will not fit Recaro seats. They are designed and tested only with Corbeau seats. You would have to modify the bracket or the seat itself to get the Recaro's mounted."

I guess I am glad that I kept myself from cutting my originals up in the efforts to get them out after coming across 3 stubborn bolts that I still need to cut the bolt heads off in order to release the frames for a thorough scrubbing, sanding & painting...

Blessing's Y'all !!

Don

Yep, since Wedge Engineering handed off their bracket business to Corbeau, Corbeau seats are now the seats of choice for new brackets. Recaro sliders are sold separately and are available new if needed.

It looks like the sliders attach with screws (I've highlighted two screws with red circles). If what I see is correct I speculate screws also attach at the far end. Even if they're welded on, a welder who also works with a plasma cutter could install Recaro sliders on the Corbeau made brackets.

CorbeauAvantibracket.thumb.jpg.ed41de750ac1e61a3943312a8e9e3e00.jpg