R3 Parts Wanted

Fourducs3

I  am hoping someone out there  bought  the  R3 Parts   from Craig Conley at  Paradise Wheels -   I  purchased   John Erbs   Avanti with the  B series  Engine from his widow last fall

unfortunately she had sold  the blower, air boxes  and  carb enclosures for it  to  Craig    before i  made the deal with her.   I contacted Craig  and made a deal  to buy the parts and  rebuild the supercharger for me.  I  just called  to  follow up with Craig  on where he was at with  supercharger   rebuild and he   told me   he  had sold all of the parts  after  our conversation  in  early January.    Not sure how that happens  but  now i am once again in search of the parts.

Any chance  one my fellow avanti owners out there bought the parts   - i   really need  the  carb enclosure box and emblem.     i  have Mike  Myers  scheduled  to rebuild  the  engine this summer  and install in my car so i am hoping to gather  the items i need soon.    

please let me know if you have   a  carb enclosure,  correct  160 Speedo and 8000 RPM tach - and  a correct Flanged  rear axle.   i  know they are  quite rare  but  i am   so close  to 

getting my  dream  R3 avanti.    any contacts  or leads  would be appreciated.   Car  is  all restored   and hoping to get it  finalized  this year with the new  B engine  etc - looking forward

to getting back involved with the group

Thanks

Tim Van Stelle

Denver CO

Tim. I think Nemish Salanki has a fairly good reproduction of the 8k tach. And Phil Harris (Fairborn Studebaker) has Moser flanged axles being made for the existing rear end.

i also sent you a pm.

Edited by Nelson

I did talk to my friend about the plenum and carb. He will sell them as long as you also purchase his aluminum R3 heads as a package. You would need to talk to him on price. I have no skin in this game just passing on information.