Back-Up Light Switch

Leo B

Please help. My 4-Speed T-10 missing Back-Up (reverse) Light Switch. I have just bracket. Need to buy new switch. Stude is originalty 4-speed .
What are these wires? I havent test yet but I guess #1 is for Back-UP Light Switch. Are #2 and #3 for Automatic? Neutral Switch and Shift lamp?back-up-light-switch.thumb.jpg.1b1c08ed2b5ddc5adf020c7d34514e36.jpg

Edited by Leo B

I don't know if auto and manual cars shared the same harness, but based on my car (an automatic), your wire identification is correct. #1 would be for backup lights, #2 is neutral-safety switch (looks like the black connector/wire loop has been used to bypass the switch) and #3 is shift indicator lamp. I would say that either your car has a wire harness from an automatic, or they shared the same harness.

3 minutes ago, South Shore Motors said:

I don't know if auto and manual cars shared the same harness, but based on my car (an automatic), your wire identification is correct. #1 would be for backup lights, #2 is neutral-safety switch (looks like the black connector/wire loop has been used to bypass the switch) and #3 is shift indicator lamp. I would say that either your car has a wire harness from an automatic, or they shared the same harness.

Thank you South Shore Motors. I think now that 4-speed and Auto share same harness. I can leave them where they are and connect Back-Up Switch when I got that.
🙏

FWIW, I just replaced the backup and neutral-safety switches on mine with reproductions from Myers. They're actually from a GM application, but functionally identical with exception of the connector. I believe that manual trans used the same switch as auto. You'll either have to splice in the connector from your old switch or purchase a new one (which I was able to do). That connector style is used on some electric cooling fan applications.