Borrani chrome knock off wire wheels

R3 Forward

Hello All:  After reading about the Borrani chrome knock off wire wheels and their value in the recent Avanti Magazine I thought I would post the following.  I have a full set of these wheels with all four hubs, nut caps and a wrench, no lead hammer..  BUT, and this is a big but....  the wheels have most of their chrome flaking off and are rusting,    I have attached a few photos and have no idea if these wheels are salvageable or even safe to try to restore and use.  Others thoughts on this would be appreciated.  They were on a 1963 Avanti parts car I purchased about 20 years ago and are currently located in Arizona. If anybody has any interest in these wheels I would be glad to discuss and send additional pictures.  I am interested in selling them for a fair offer if anybody is interested or wants to take on a project.

I have also been thinking about cleaning up my shop and getting red of all the extra parts I have laying around.  Below is a short list of some of the "big" stuff I have laying around.  

Fiberglass parts, doors, hoods, trunk lid.  
63 Avanti Frame with front end and differential, some rust on frame rails
Another 63 Avanti Frame with front end and differential with some rust, but most of the fiberglass body still attached.  
3 sets of flanged axles of various length and spline.
Have lots of other smaller part and will list out later when I get the energy to inventory them.....

Jim

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg