Fuel tank and electric fuel pump

tanda62

Got my tank and electric fuel pump installed.  The pre-filter is shown in the pictures while the post filter is mounted along the frame rail where the stock drain is usually located.  I covered the fuel hose and the pump with some heat sheathing since the exhaust is so close.  Mounted both the filter and pump on rubber mounts to hopefully reduce the noise. 

fuel pump 01.gif

fuel pump 02.gif

installed fuel tank.gif

It looks good, its mounted lower than the tank as it should be;  I don't see any wires so I guess your still working on that, hope you plan to install a relay and pump shut-off switch in the circuit to kill the power to the pump in case of catastrophic engine failure like loss of oil pressure, etc.,,,

Good eye.  Still working out my wiring.  Since I am using a Holley Sniper EFI the fuel pump will be wired into the harness that came with it and the relay Holley included.  Right now I am trying to work out how many other relays I will be wiring into the car.  So far the list may or may not include: Ignition, Headlights, Wipers, Heater, A/C, Electric Steering and Electric Fans.  Building a custom wiring harness is fun...umm not really just a necessary step.

4 hours ago, tanda62 said:

Good eye.  Still working out my wiring.  Since I am using a Holley Sniper EFI the fuel pump will be wired into the harness that came with it and the relay Holley included.  Right now I am trying to work out how many other relays I will be wiring into the car.  So far the list may or may not include: Ignition, Headlights, Wipers, Heater, A/C, Electric Steering and Electric Fans.  Building a custom wiring harness is fun...umm not really just a necessary step.

Yes, the more precautions the better; what fuel pump did you choose for the sniper, I know EFI requires a lot more PSI than the 6-7 psi a carb does?,,,

18 hours ago, tanda62 said:

Hopefully it will do the job for you, it's certainly not a cheap one,,,thanks