December AOAI Calendar Car !

mfg

R4849..the December '22 AOAI CALENDAR CAR.....What a car!!!

I first saw this Avanti back around 1968 when it had less than 7000 miles on it...Always considered it to be one of nicest Studebaker Avantis  around.....then AND now!

I actually patterned my own '63 Avanti after this car...same color, wire wheels, other details...

I've asked its current owner that if ever decides to part company with it to...PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the note!

When I first bought my 4849 Avanti in 2013, you contacted me and sent me photos that you had taken in the sixties. It was interesting to see my car before the owner had put on the Dayton wire wheels, moved the mirrors and added some accessories. I guess that all happened when he repainted the car in the early eighties. 

It's been out of commission for awhile with an engine rebuild and the installation of an NOS TT differential. But my Avanti is in my good hands in Chicago. Here's a link to a You Tube video with me and the Avanti just before I took it in for its engine rebuild (that's why we did not drive it around). 

Best regards, Scott

On 12/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Scott Vermillion said:

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the note!

When I first bought my 4849 Avanti in 2013, you contacted me and sent me photos that you had taken in the sixties. It was interesting to see my car before the owner had put on the Dayton wire wheels, moved the mirrors and added some accessories. I guess that all happened when he repainted the car in the early eighties. 

It's been out of commission for awhile with an engine rebuild and the installation of an NOS TT differential. But my Avanti is in my good hands in Chicago. Here's a link to a You Tube video with me and the Avanti just before I took it in for its engine rebuild (that's why we did not drive it around). 

Best regards, Scott

On 12/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Scott Vermillion said:

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the note!

Best regards, Scott

Hi Scott, good to hear from you!

An  engine rebuild? That's great!... Probably the first time it's been apart !

Roughly how many miles are on your Avanti now?