differential supplier

Alan Blalock

Greetings, I am looking for a vendor for a complete differential change. My 64' Avanti has a 3:73 ratio, and I am hoping I may find a complete unit that has a 3:31 or A 3:07 ratio, along with it being a twin-track unit. Does anyone know of a source that supplies these units as say a rebuilt unit,rather than a remove and rebuild situation. Thanks in advance for any help.  Alan Blalock

Alan, I have a complete rear axle, wheel to wheel, I bought it a few years ago and it was New old stock. I put it in my Avanti and used it for about 500 miles. My car has a 4 speed and it the ratio was wrong for a straight drive car. The car just wouldn`t start off without slipping the clutch so I put the old 3:73 back in. It`s a 3:31 ratio Twin Traction.

Let me know if you`re interested in it.  I`m located in Greensboro, NC   Jeff McCain

Edited by sailingadventure

Thanks Jeff. Is this a true trac or what is commonly called a positraction rearend? Would you be interested in selling only the differential unit(The pumpkin)?  I am in Washington State.  If we can agree on a sale price on differential unit alone, I have an option on shipping it. I formerly owned a crating and shipping company(Craters&Freighters) in Seattle. There is a Craters&Freighters in Greensboro, and I could have them handle the shipping. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks Jeff. If you care to call, my number is 831-331-1993

Alan, The Avanti rear axles do not have a removable center section. The one I have is the complete unit It has everything including new axles . It is a "twin-Traction" or limited slip Dana 44. The only way to ship it would be by truck and that could be expensive because of the distance and weight of this unit. The price is $1,000 which is what I paid for it.

You should be able to find something closer to you, but if you don`t let me know and maybe we can figure something out.

Jeff

Edited by sailingadventure

Thanks Jeff. I feel somewhat stupid not knowing the differential was part of a complete unit. I thank you for that information. I just got several quotes a for shipping, and it is cost prohibitive. $1000.00 is a fair price. I am going to think hard about how I may be able to find a way to get this all the way across the country. If you would be so kind,can you forward me your e-mail address so that I may get in touch with you if I find a way to pull this off? Regards, Alan Blalock