Avanti is a hit at the Concours d'Elegance of Texas

Devildog

Sunday six Avanti from the Third Coast Avanti Club were select to be in the Concours d' Elegance of Texas. The Avanti were given a prime location on a knoll adjacent to a class of Cords and Duesenbergs and looking down the hill at a covey of Lamborghini.

One or two Avanti draw a few comments, but six Avanti at a Concours d' Elegance makes a statement. Equally import the crowd loved the color and automotive history of the six Avanti, we added excitement to the show.

Joe

photo_zpsv06i2zjc.jpg

When was this event? Limited to club members only? Invitation only?

I'm in Dallas and would have possibly made the trip had I know about the event.

My '79, #2897 is certainly not Concours quality but a 90% original survivor.

Congrats to all for representing us all.

When was this event? Limited to club members only? Invitation only?

I'm in Dallas and would have possibly made the trip had I know about the event.

My '79, #2897 is certainly not Concours quality but a 90% original survivor.

Congrats to all for representing us all.

It was this past sunday 26th. It is by invitation only; however, we leveraged it by having a group to create a class. Everyone loved it. I would expect the organizers will ask us again. But, we want to have 4-7 different Avanti next year. So, join up http://www.thirdcoastavanti.com/.

On May 9 we are going to meet near Brenham TX at one of the guys ranch, drive on down.

We are driving to St. Louis in August, convoy up with us. All others from TX/LA welcome to form-up for a two run to the national meet.

Joe

Edited by Devildog

Thanks Devildog. I'm on your mailing list now.

Assumed an invitation to the concours required. My car is not that nice but mostly very original.

Appreciate the invitation for the 9th.

St. Louis you say? Road Trip! What is "a two run"?

Thanks Devildog. I'm on your mailing list now.

Assumed an invitation to the concours required. My car is not that nice but mostly very original.

Appreciate the invitation for the 9th.

St. Louis you say? Road Trip! What is "a two run"?

My car is not a nice as yours, sight unseen. Three of our six were nice original or restored cars, the other three are just nice clean cars. However, displayed as group of uncommon cars they standout against the 1000s of muscle cars...Avanti was unique even in 1963.

Two cars stay together even if 20 cars travel together, an element...wingman. It is slow and more dangerous to try to keep multiple cars running together like a funeral procession.