gas pedal and throttle cable conversion

drat

Has anyone done a throttle cable conversion?

The stock linkage leaves sonethibg to be desired. There is play un it and the response isnt as goid as id like it.

Im thinjung about a Lokar setup but was curious if anyone has gone this route

I have the Lokar kit in my '70 though I didn't install it...it was done by the speed shop that installed the EFI in the car. They did so because the original design wouldn't work properly with the new setup. They mounted a steel plate on the engine side of the bulkhead to attach the Lokar to.

It works well but it's not a really comfortable angle to keep your foot at when driving. You get used to it but it's not a natural and comfortable feel.

Hmmmm what do you mean by play in the throttle? As in when you push the gas pedal down it doesn't start pulling the throttle cable right away?

If that is the case yours is just out of whack. Maybe the bracket got bent. Try bending the bracket a little bit to take up any slack in the throttle cable. My short experience is that the throttle cable bracket kits usually aren't quite a bolt on solution and require a little fine tuning in themselves, so I would try to make the factory bracket work first. Also check all the linkages between the pedal to the cable to make sure everything is bolted down solidly.

No there is play in the linkage. The stem that comes up off the block. The whole stock set up has too many links, and at each link there is a little play. Not enough to effect anything. Just noticing its flaws. Defiantly going to put that on the list.. But it's way down there.