AAV 0481

plwindish

I added a Flame Red 89 convertible (AAV0481) to my "Avanti Collection" this past weekend. I am the car's 3rd owner. It is a "rest-o-mod" having a 383 stroker crate motor with aluminum heads, hyd. roller cam, MSD ignition, TCI programmable 4L60 trans, and Ford 9" posi rear-end. The car has a custom black leather interior with red stitching and Avanti logos in the headrests, custom stereo install, new black top, American Racing Torque Thrust wheels 20's in back and 17's up front with lowered front suspension and air shocks with ride height adjustment in rear. It drove great in the hour's drive back home. Three inches of snow yesterday prevented me from taking it to my winter storage for both it and my 76. I'm looking forward to the Spring to get in some "road time" with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely springtime. I drove the car twice so far, the first time driving it 45 minutes bringing it home from Valparaiso and a couple of days later to my son-in-law's farm an hour south of where I live to park it in the garage for the winter. I have an unheated two car garage that has our driver's parked in so I will winter the Avantis (my 76 & 89) at my son-in-laws. Spring and Summertime, the driver's get kicked out of the garage for the "collectors". The PO did post a you tube video under the name of 1967yenko1 titled Rare 89 Avanti Convertible For Sale. It gives a pretty god view and sound of the car. If I were more technologically equipped, I would post the link.MVI6449 is the title of one of the You Tube videos that 1967yenko1 posted for the car.

Edited by plwindish