Steering Column firewall plate

hkrewer

Hi all,

My 64 Avanti appears to be missing the plate that bolts onto the engine side of the firewall for the steering column. Additionally, it looks like the hole in the firewall was 'adjusted' sometime in its previous life. Does any one know where I can get the missing plate? Can any of you with an empty engine bay get me a photo of the firewall where the steering column passes through - preferably without the plate so I have some idea of how to repair this area?

Thanks,

Hi all,

My 64 Avanti appears to be missing the plate that bolts onto the engine side of the firewall for the steering column. Additionally, it looks like the hole in the firewall was 'adjusted' sometime in its previous life. Does any one know where I can get the missing plate? Can any of you with an empty engine bay get me a photo of the firewall where the steering column passes through - preferably without the plate so I have some idea of how to repair this area?

Thanks,

The seals and plate go on the inside. Try Myer's Studebaker, 740 674-4897

SteeringColumnPlate001_zpsb1cca6ec.jpg[/img]

SteeringColumnPlate002_zps797cb916.jpg[/img]

Bob Langer

Thanks, Bob. that picture is just what I was looking for. Looks like you have the 4speed transmission as the hole is there for the clutch rod. If I could ask one more favor, any idea how big the hole is?

Mine is an automatic. There are two plates, one for standard trans and one for the automatic.

Measuring across from the small hole on the left it is 3 1/4 inches wide. It is 3 5/8 inches high.

Bob