Carburetor question

bigt

Thanks in advance for your help. I have a 63 R-2 and I have rebuilt the carb a couple of times because of trash in the fuel line. My problem is, the car runs great with the blower bonnet off but of course it wines real loud. When I put the bonnet on the carb fuel bubbles out of the accelerator pump shaft. I replaced the seal around the shaft. Is there a check valve somewhere that's allowing this pressure into that circuit. I foung the needle under the pump tubes but there was not a new one in the kit. Thanks again Tom

Thanks in advance for your help. I have a 63 R-2 and I have rebuilt the carb a couple of times because of trash in the fuel line. My problem is, the car runs great with the blower bonnet off but of course it wines real loud. When I put the bonnet on the carb fuel bubbles out of the accelerator pump shaft. I replaced the seal around the shaft. Is there a check valve somewhere that's allowing this pressure into that circuit. I foung the needle under the pump tubes but there was not a new one in the kit. Thanks again Tom

The R2 carb takes a special kit, which you may not have since most flaps don't know Studebakers or the fact that

the R1 and R2 carbs do not use the same parts. You might try a marine application for the right seal. Good Luck

I have a 64R2 and purchased a rebuild kit from Dave ThThibeault from Studebaker Parts/Service 978 897 3158 He is phone friendly and has always provided first class parts and information when needed. there is a difference in rebuild kits from R1 to R2, make sure you have the exact model of the carberator.

mark