Happy Birthday RQB1913

Jerry A 2

One year ago today I took delivery of my 1973 Avanti from club member Mark Halsband. I would like to THANK Mark for all of the time and Money he spent to make RQB1913 safe & dependable. The car is way more than I expected for a 38 year old vehicle.

This year has gone by so fast largely due to the continued ENJOYMENT the Avanti generates. It is used as a driver and generates more attention this way than any car show I have attended. Its those unexpected moments at the Barber shop, Grocery store and Church that bring back memories of the First time I saw an Avanti. This car is just as much "out of this world " now as it was in 1963. This year has been very rewarding thanks to all the club members and especially Jim Pearce for his continued inspiration. Now I think I will take the Avanti out for an ice cream.

Enjoy, Jerry Smith

One year ago today I took delivery of my 1973 Avanti from club member Mark Halsband. I would like to THANK Mark for all of the time and Money he spent to make RQB1913 safe & dependable. The car is way more than I expected for a 38 year old vehicle.

This year has gone by so fast largely due to the continued ENJOYMENT the Avanti generates. It is used as a driver and generates more attention this way than any car show I have attended. Its those unexpected moments at the Barber shop, Grocery store and Church that bring back memories of the First time I saw an Avanti. This car is just as much "out of this world " now as it was in 1963. This year has been very rewarding thanks to all the club members and especially Jim Pearce for his continued inspiration. Now I think I will take the Avanti out for an ice cream.

Enjoy, Jerry Smith

Hello Jerry, its a very happy Mark in NJ who just finished reading all your kind works. Ok; were does the check go? Really thanks so much. Yes RQB1913 has quite a history of restoration with all the receipts to prove it. So far with my 64R2 no one has hit the car while at a red light in the last 7 months. Did I mention I took a 1st in Class at the NJ Concours D'Elegance?? So, thanks for the very kind words and texts that you send during your errand runs and drives.

Mark